Visit LBNL's Visitor Information Website for Bay Area transit information, maps and directions, information about computer safety, and other topics and links. http://www.lbl.gov/visitor-info.html
LBNL Shuttle Bus Service
If taking a taxi to LBNL
- For those of you staying in downtown Berkeley hotels or taking public transportation to the conference, the Lab's shuttle bus service offers service to/from the Lab and downtown Berkeley Monday through Friday except Laboratory holidays.
- Information on the shuttle service can be found at: http://www.lbl.gov/Workplace/Facilities/Support/Busses/
- When boarding the bus, show the driver a copy of your workshop registration confirmation.
- You will be asked for a photo id for verification purposes.
- Tell the driver that you would like to get off at Bldg. 50.
- The Bldg. 50 auditorium where the conference is being held will be on your right as you exit the bus
- Check in at the Visitors gate.
- Taxis are allowed to go on site.
- Ask the driver to take you to Bldg. 50.
- The bright yellow signs will direct you to the SNS 2013 Conference at Bldg. 50.
- Parking is limited at the Lab.
- Taking public transportation and the Lab shuttle bus is encouraged.
- Twenty parking spaces have be reserved for the workshop participants at the K1 parking lot.
- For those of you staying at the Lab Guest House, they will issue you a Guest Housing parking permit to park in a designated parking lot for Guest House guests.
- Guests are allowed to park in the lot overnight.
- Directions to the Conference Parking Lot, K1
- After exiting the guard gate you will come to a stop sign.
- Turn right and follow the signs directing you to the "SNS2013 Conference".
- Follow the subsequent signs "SNS 2013 Conference Parking: that will take you to the reserved parking area.
- There will be barricaded parking spaces on the right-hand side of the parking lot.
- The parking lot where the reserved parking area is located is for blue triangle parking permits.
- If the reserved parking spaces are taken, you can park in other available parking spaces in the parking lot.
- The parking lot tends to fill up after 8:30am.
- Directions to the Conference from the Guest House and Conference Parking Lot
- Follow the signs "SNS 2013 Conference" to the Bldg. 50 Auditorium.
- Directions to the Poster Session/Lunches from the 50 Auditorium
- Follow the signs "SNS2013 Conference" from the Bldg. 50 Auditorium to the ALS patio.
- If you registered in advance your name will be at the "Visitors" gate as you enter the Laboratory.
- You will be asked for a photo ID for verification purposees.
- A blue triangle parking permit will be issued to you that is good for the duration of the conference.